Life redesign really kind of sucks without anyone checking up on you. It’s easy to postpone, to procrastinate, to lose track of priorities.I just spent some time reviewing my original 2014 goals. Aside from all that, I think I’m very happy with what life has thrown at me in the past few months. It’s turned out completely different thus far, of course, and not necessarily bad. There’s so much GOOD that has happened that doesn’t get logged because it’s unrelated to my goals…or is it? Maybe in a wibbly wobbly timey wimey kinda way, things are all connected.
Below is my original list of goals for 2014 with ONE bulleted thing I can do THIS week, between March 25-March 31st, to help me push towards each one:
Lose 75 lbs.
- I’m super poor this week and my cupboards are getting bare. Will eat less, exercise more. Specifically? 30 minutes of exercise daily for the next 7 days.
Make my relationship better, or leave it behind.
- I will remind myself of this daily, be more affectionate, and less demanding on my partner this week. Specifically? I will try to do one “extra nice” thing per day.
Be more autonomous/self-sufficient.
- Writing this blog helps me be more autonomous and self-sufficient. So do other things. I will learn how to do basic sewing. I will conserve water and electricity. I will be less demanding on my partner. I will add accounts to Manilla. I will review DMV tests.
Add 3 lines to my c.v./resume and/or work on professional development.
- I will begin to write a conference presentation outline. I will choose a conference and apply to attend or present. I will introduce myself to Browncoat B.B., and updated LI.
Begin to feel like a stable adult.
- I don’t even know what this means. I just know I don’t feel like one. When does that happen?
Be more confident in solo situations.
- I will have 1-2 ‘solo’ outtings, and enjoy my alone time more.
Read plenty of books to help me on my journey.
- I will read and review EW Angels.
Become more financially stable: Find ways to supplement my income (2), increase credit, open a credit account, budget things, create and stay on budget.
- I will use manilla. I will find some way to supplement my income. I will open a credit account. I will call BofA.
Plan one big vacation, 4 weekend vacations, 7 day trips.
- I can’t do this unless I have the money or the autonomy resulting from money. Right now it’s not there. I am 1/3 of the year over and the closest to a ‘weekend vacation’ we got was MG week… which is more than most people have had thus far this year, right? (Right)… Maybe this goal was too lofty. This week I *WILL* plan a day trip with my partner for sometime soon.
- A few moments of stretching every day, a few moments of meditation every day, more porch sitting and being girly leads to confidence, which leads to autonomy, which leads to self sufficiency, which leads to being a stable adult…? Maybe…
Take a travel photography/writing course (need $)
- During my next paycheck, I will put a “payment” in for Matador’s course. if I can’t afford it, I will sell cards to do it.
Do at least one thing I am proud of every month.
- So far I’ve sucked at this, pretty bad. In January I think I was proud of myself for sticking with this blog and for tracking food. In February, I was proud for following through with costuming for MG. In March, so far, I’m not proud of anything… gotta fix that.
Write a daily/weekly/monthly teux-teux list.(Been doing well with monthly, bad with weekly/daily)
- I just don’t know how to keep myself accountable for this. I have a horrible memory. What needs to happen is a new HABIT FORMATION of PLANNING the next day each evening. I think that’s the key.. so that’s what I’ll do for the next 7 days.
Find a ‘real’ job – apply for lots of jobs- pull myself off a rock.
- I will APPLY to one job this week.
Spend more quality time with my partner – get to know each other again.
- I kind of mentioned this above. I will focus on quality time instead of quantity time this week. I’m not sure what that means in terms of an end-product but I’ll make sure to get it done.
Spend more time with family.
- I will make sure to call my family this week. Also I will send out the Easter package I created.
- I will sign up to volunteer with a festival or museum this week.
Listen to more music.
- Been doing well for this one. THIS week I will focus on ROO ’14 artists and make a SPOTIFY playlist.